Subzi Pasanda, low-calorie traditional Indian vegetable!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Subzi-Pasanda-%28–Zero-Oil-Rotis-and-Subzis-%29-22192r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
True to the name, “subzi pasanda” is a veggie dish you will love! calorie-laden cashewnut paste is replaced with a healthy paste made with cauliflower and onions. Serve hot with whole wheat parathas for a healthy meal.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
For The Paste
1 cup low-fat milk (99.7% fat-free)
2 cups sliced onions
1/2 cup grated cauliflower
1 stick cinnamon (dalchini)
2 green chillies
25 mm (1″) piece ginger (adrak)
2 to 3 garlic (lehsun) cloves
1/2 cup low-fat milk(99.7% fat-free)
1/4 cup fresh low-fat curds (dahi)
1 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 1/2 cups chopped and boiled mixed vegetables
(carrots , french beans , potatoes ,
cauliflower , green peas)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
For the paste
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep non-stick kadhai, mix well and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes till the onions are soft and cooked and all the liquid has been nearly evaporated.
2. Blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Combine the milk, curds and besan in a bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
2. Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when it is hot, add the cumin seeds.
3. Dry roast the cumin seeds for a few seconds and then add the dried fenugreek leaves and again dry roast for a few more seconds.
4. Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the milk-curd-besan mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
6. Add ½ cup of water, salt and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Add the mixed vegetables and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
8. Serve hot with parathas.